The Links (9 CEU) | DOWNLOADABLE WEBINAR
9.0 CEU/CCU approved for PT/PTA, Athletic Trainers (TPTA, BOC)
This course will serve to build upon essential knowledge gained by the rehabilitation professional at the basic educational level as required for practice. The instructional material provided in this course will expand upon the understanding of the kinematics of the golf swing. The learner will better understand the physical demands of the swing and the most common injuries seen, while discussing and examining the athletes safe return to sport following injury/ surgical intervention. This course will improve the learner’s ability to rapidly identify physical impairments of the golfer using evidenced based screening tools. Common golf swing characteristics/ faults will be examined and identified using both in person and video analysis to improve treatment and outcomes. Finally, this course will improve upon the overall communication skills of the rehabilitation professional
- Describe the kinematics/ biomechanics of the golf swing
- Recognize common upper and lower extremity injuries/ pathologies most commonly experienced by the golfer.
- Identify the most common swing characteristics and potentially injuries as a result
- Evaluate physical impairments in the golfer and the connection to their swing characteristics.
- Apply strategies to reduce the risk for injury based on evaluation and swing
- Construct golf-specific treatment and exercise programs
- Distinguish the interaction between the visual system and the golf swing
Course Instructor: Spencer Cole, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
This is a pre-recorded video lecture. Course material will be immediately downloadable upon registration - you will be sent a unique link connected to a shared drive for all POST-COUSRE materials which must be completed to receive your certificate of credit.
Approved for 9.0 CEU/CCU by TPTA, BOC -- please check with your state or organizational board to determine reciprocity. You may also inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org