Between the Seams: Rehabilitation of the Softball Athlete | ONLINE WEBINAR | DECEMBER 12, 2020
5.0 CEU/CCU approved for PT/PTA, Athletic Trainers (TPTA, BOC)
Check with your state board regulations to ensure reciprocity of credit
This 5-hour course will empower clinicians and field-specialists with the tools necessary to evaluate and treat the female softball athlete of all ages, skill levels, and positions. The course will cover special considerations for rehabilitation of throwing athletes including sport-specific exercise prescription, an in-depth primer on throwing/pitching/hitting analysis, return-to-sport criteria, and the implementation of high-quality interval training programs.
Course content will be composed of interactive didactic lecture presentations, multi-media demonstrations, and exclusive laboratory demonstrates with renown experts in the field. Guest speakers from different disciplines will provide a truly all-encompassing perspective of the softball athlete.
- Identify and understand common injuries seen in the softball athlete.
- Understand treatment considerations beyond the protocol with post-operative patients.
- Identify the phases of throwing and how to analyze proper throwing mechanics, both of the overhead position player as well as the windmill pitcher.
- Learn and discuss sport specific exercise prescription and neuromuscular retraining for mechanical faults.
- Perform manual techniques to address shoulder/elbow pathologies.
- Outline specific criteria to determine a safe return to sport.
- Learn how to properly formulate and implement an interval throwing program.
- Recognize current trends in adolescent sport and injury prevention strategies.
Brittany Gooch, PT, DPT, CSCS